ProctorU provides the proctoring service for our Saylor Direct Credit Exams, course exams eligible for transfer via our Brandman University partnership, exams used in our City Vision University – Qualifi Degree Track program, and all other exams that may result in a Verified Certificate. Proctored exams through ProctorU cost $25 per attempt.
Most simply, here is what you will need to do:
- Find out how online proctoring works and what you will need.
- Create an account with ProctorU
- Schedule your exam session
- Take your proctored exam
How ProctorU works and technical requirements
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the ProctorU website and procedures well before you attempt your exam; you can explore technical requirements and watch tutorial videos here: http://proctoru.com/portal/saylor
Create your account
- Click the "Sign Up" link from the Saylor Academy portal page on the ProctorU website.
- Enter the requested details to set up your account. (Note: If you have previously used ProctorU to take an exam with a different institution, then you will need to update your existing profile account settings. Once logged in, click on your name in the top right of the screen, select "Account Settings," and then under the "Enrollments" section, press the "Add Enrollment" button to find and select Saylor Academy.")
Schedule your exam
- Under the “Schedule New Session” section, choose the Saylor course for which you’d like to schedule your proctored exam and select the date (available dates are shaded blue on the calendar) and time you would like to attempt it.
- Once you have successfully registered your time slot, a notice will appear under the “My Exam” tab, with a countdown till your exam time.
Take your exam
- When it is time for you to take your test, log in to ProctorU and press the blue button under the "My Exam" tab to launch your proctoring session. To verify your identity, your Proctor will ask you to use a webcam to show a form of identification, and then answer a number of questions based on public record information. If you live outside of the United States, ProctorU will not have access to public record information, and you will instead be asked to show a second form of ID.
- Log in to your account at https://learn.saylor.org and navigate to the "Final Exam" section of your course.
- For courses that have either an ACE or NCCRS credit recommendation, you will need to take the exam titled "Saylor Direct Credit Final Exam." For courses that have not been recommended for credit by ACE or NCCRS, but do have transfer credit options available via partnerships with schools such as Brandman University or City Vision University, or have options for earning a Verified Certificate, you should take the exam titled "Proctored Final Exam." These exams will be password protected and can only be accessed by your proctor.
- Read/agree to the Honor Code and press the button to attempt the exam. Your ProctorU proctor will put in the password for you; your exam will then begin, and will end when you submit your answers or once two hours have elapsed.